Did you know that you can get even higher offers for your car from our expert dealers, just by taking a few photos? If you didn’t, then let us fill you in.
Get your highest offer from our dealers
Thanks to our online car valuation tool, you’re able to retrieve a valuation for your car within seconds. Once you’ve entered your registration number, we’re able to connect you with the most competitive offers for your car from our hundreds of expert car buyers that we work with.
By selling your car directly to a dealer through Jamjar, you’re basically cutting out the middlemen, while getting a more of a better cash price for your car. What’s more is that our car buying comparison site is completely FREE and you’re in control throughout the car selling process.
Here’s how it works…
1. Tell us a little bit about your wheels
You’re probably already aware of this, but we just like to mention it anyway, that we no longer require any of your personal details to be able to get you a value for your car. We want you to be able to get a value for your car as easily and as quickly as possible. So we just simply don’t need them.
The only thing that we do need to know about your wheels is your registration number and your mileage. Once you’ve retrieved all of your offers and you’ve seen the quotes that our expert car buyers have proposed to you with, you then have two options.
Option 1: You can simply accept an offer that you see on your screen. You’ll then wait a couple of hours for your chosen car buyer to get in touch with you to arrange delivery or collection, as well as payment details.
Option 2: If you don’t fancy just accepting the first offer that you see, you could always create a FREE listing with Jamjar in a bid to see if you can get higher offers for your vehicle. All you would need to is to create a profile for your car, describe the condition of your car and add some good quality photos. We’ll also help guide you through creating your car’s profile from start to finish. So if this sounds like something that you’d like to do, be ready to get some great photo content.
2. Take some snap snots
When creating a listing for your car within Jamjar there is just one thing that you need to do, in an attempt to see if you can get more for your vehicle…take some photos. By taking some great quality photos of your car, you could help to convert more interest and higher offers for your vehicle. In doing this it helps dealers as they can clearly see what they’re buying and decide straight away whether they’re interested or not.
And here’s how you can do it.
- Lighting and timing is everything: before you go taking snaps of your car, make sure that you’ve got plenty of illumination, without shadows as this will help towards some good lighting shots. Although we don’t get much sun here within the UK, if you do manage to catch a little bit, then this would be the prime time to try and get some good photo content of your car. Don’t worry if it isn’t all sunny and perfect, you can still take some great quality photos when it’s cloudy. In fact, if you were to take photos when it’s cloudy, this could help give the light an even dispersion.
- Shoot plenty of angles: getting shots of your car with a good angle that includes pictures of the tyres, wheels and the undersides, is always a good place to start. Work your way around the car, starting with the windscreen and bonnet, this will help to ensure that you get a good shot of the front of the car. After that, you’ll want to check the bumper, which you’re probably best crouching down for, then this way you’ll be able to see better and get some great snaps. To help make sure that you’re covering all basis and that you’re getting good quality photos, try and work your way around the car, checking the sides and doors for any damage, while working the camera and getting some good shots. Next, it’s onto the wheels and alloys. Check the tyres by giving them a good feel to make sure that they aren’t too warm. Then we’re moving round to the back of the car, checking the boot and working our way up to the roof. Let’s not forget the interior too! People like to be nosy and love being able to see the gadgets inside your car and all the equipment that it features. Try and be as accurate as you can when taking your pictures as this will help you massively when it comes to selling your car. If you’ve got a sunroof, open it and let some light in. Don’t forget to get some snaps of the rear seats too as well as the inside the boot, the engine bay and some special features within the interior
- Photograph any damage, scratches, scuffs and chips: here at Jamjar we believe that transparency helps to sell cars. So if your car has any scratches or dents, don’t be afraid to show them on your profile to potential buyers. It’s best to get everything out in the open and show the size of any damage, as this will show our network of dealers that you’re honest. It doesn’t matter if there is a few lumps and bumps, you’re trying to sell your used car, you’re not trying to sell a brand new car in a fancy showroom. Don’t portray your car as something that it’s not. It’s best to be honest, as this will help lead to the offer being as accurate as possible and it will reduce any price reduction or grey area.
- Careful of those reflections: remember, car dealers that might potentially want to buy your car, want to see your car that’s for sale – not you who is standing in the reflection of your car while taking a photo. If you’ve got reflections of yourself and other vehicles in your photos, this could result in low-quality pictures, which means you’ve probably wasted your time and need to start again and get some better shots.
The bottom line is that you want to have some decent photos that are good quality in your car profile as this will help to sell your car for an even higher price. Taking photos and investing the time to take good quality photos is something that you won’t regret and it will really help to enhance your car listing.
3. Sit back and relax
Once your car has been listed on our site, we’ll alert the hundreds of expert car buyers that we work with, who are specifically looking for a car that has a profile like yours, that your car is ready for sale. We’ll then get back to you with your highest offers from our UK dealer network. So all that you need to do is sit back, relax and wait to be alerted that you’ve received an offer for your car.